Primavera P6 Introduction & Context as an on premise or cloud project management solution will allow you to prioritize and plan your projects and portfolios.
In addition, the governance platform is very complete to Schedule, Manage and Coordinate all tasks including the resources assigned.
Primavera is configurable at installation to select the industry to optimize the reporting and performance of the solution required for your projects.
MESLI Consulting’s Primavera P6 project planning training also continues to be offered for older versions of PRIMAVERA P6.
At the end of the Primavera P6 training, a certificate will be issued to the trainee having completed the training.
Do not hesitate to CONTACT US or call us for quotations and customized training programs.
Objectives of the Primavera P6 training:
- Mastering the software
- Improve on advanced software features according to your needs.
- Deploy the software as a project management solution.
- Migrate your project data to Primavera P6.
- Assist your teams on one of your projects.
At the end of this training, each participant will be able to plan a project with Primavera P6.
This training is intended for project managers and all persons involved in a company project.
Primavera P6 training requirements:
The fundamentals of project management. The validation of the prerequisites will take the form of a preliminary interview (phone or email) or by submitting a certificatr or equivalent diploma.
This training will include discussions and simulations.
Syllabus + case studies each trainee will work on a PC with Primavera. The software P6 is provided during the training course for case studies and exercises.
Assesments of achievements through simulation exercises, self-assessment and certificate of completion of training.
THE PRIMAVERA P6 TRAINING PROGRAM
Day 1: Introduction, structuring and creation of projects in Primavera P6
- The Fundamentals of Project Management
- Architecture of the Primavera solution
- Introduction to Primavera P6
Project structure in Primavera P6
- Configuring EPS (Enterprise Project Structure)
- Adding a project to the EPS
- Using and Defining the Organizational Breakdown Structure (OBS)
- Define the language in which the data is displayed
Create a project
- Create a project
- Changing parameters and settings for projects
- Detailed information about the projects
Project Structure (WBS)
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) of your project
- Setting up the hierarchical levels of the WBS
- Set up and configure calendars
- The different types of calendars: project, resources and global
- Assign several calendars to projects
- Create tasks
- Details of the tasks
- Creating links between tasks
- Dissolve a task
- Copy – Paste tasks
- Definition and configuration of critical tasks
- Assigning calendars to tasks
- Set up and modify task identifiers
Definition of the Network
- Definition of logical networks
- Configuration of critical tasks
- Definition of task constraints
- Display total float and free float in the planning
- Define and create project codes, resource codes and task codes
- Assigning a code to a task
- Assigning a code to several tasks
- Create task codes at EPS level
Group & Sort – Filters – Layouts
- Group and sort your data
- Primavera filters by default
- Filter task
- Configuration of presentations & layouts
- Using keyboard shortcuts to optimize data entry
Day 2: Resources and skills, cost allocation with Primavera P6
Skills and Resources
- Definition of project resources and skills
- Resource details
- Allocation of resources & skills
- Define resource curves
- Set up the histogram of stacked resources
Assigning Costs to Tasks
- Assign expenses to WBS tasks and levels
- Breakdown of the project budget
- Analysis of the critical paths of the project
- Analysis of resources and histograms by batch
- Resource leveling
- Resource allocation
- Planning time units
- Setting dates and units
- Select and display currency
- Specify a currency format
- Change Password
- Assigning Documents to Project Tasks
Day 3: Controlling a project with Primavera P6
Assigning a baseline
- Create a reference schedule (Baseline)
- View the reference bars in the schedule
Project Execution and Control
- Procedure for progress
- Automatic update of the schedule
- Plan your project with Primavera P6
- Analyze the gaps with Primavera P6
- Report creation wizards
- Open several schedules at the same time
- View resources with real progress
Thresholds – Alerts
- Define project thresholds
- Set up alerts
- Identify risks related to planning
- Consolidate the risk table
Layout and Printing
- Edit and print reports
- Print the resource histogram
Import and Export Data
- Export your schedule to Excel and MS Project
- Export your schedule in Xer and Xml format
- Import your schedule into the primavera P6 database
Duration : 3 days – 21 hours
Dates : contact us
Price : Please contact us for a quote request
Place of training:
- Massy near to Paris
- Possibility of remote learning